Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Does One Year Mean To You?...

There are many aspects of my life that have reached about a year by now.


One year since I've resigned from my previous company of 7 year tenure.

One year heading my own department in my new company.

One year since a defunct relationship that almost amounted to marraige.

One year since my month long incessant pain attacks called Cluster Headaches.


One year that I've truly lived alone and fended for myself.


There were so many huge and sudden changes in my life a year ago, when I avoided changes for years. What semblance of an idea of my future faded away quickly. Some changes were thrust upon me. Some changes I voluntarily accepted. Either way, I have learnt to be a stronger person. I have learnt self-reliance when no one was there to help. I have learnt to take care of myself.

I don't exactly have all my ducks in a row, so to speak. But I definitely took advantage of this one year to lick my wounds, brace myself for all the changes, and make something of myself.


One year filled with music.
One year of being a better percussionist.
One year of writing songs.
One year of playing guitar and singing.
One year of gigs and relishing the music scene.
One year of album recording.
One year of being touched by so much good music in the world.

One year of getting back into the game with my work.
One year of proving all those who doubted me wrong.
One year of taking my department to higher levels of growth and profitability.
One year of finally enjoying work once again in so long.

One year of learning the art of self-amusement.

One year of finding a better appreciation for each member of my family.


What does one year mean to me? This past year is when I felt I truly started to live. And no one aside from myself has made this possible.

Gives himself a proverbial pat on the back...

END OF LINE...

No comments: