Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunited with my Turtle...

My parents insisted that I should stay at their house for a few days as I recuperate from my tooth impaction. There's not much to do here. But at least I get to be a kiddo-brat for once in a very long time.

Anyway, when I first walked in my old room, my not-so-tiny-anymore pig nose turtle greeted me by flailing wildly and splashing all this water inside its tank. I remember buying this turtle in Cartimar years ago and it was only a quarter of its current size. Pig nose turtles are fresh water turtles, yet they have fins for feet and therefore can live submerged in water. This was a unique find for me in Cartimar because similar turtles were usually sea turtles which you had to take care of in salt water. And if you're an aquariam/fish buff like I was, you know that salt water tanks are just way too difficult to maintain long term.

Even though I was in pain and my cheek was growing to the size of a small cantelope, I was glad to see my old turtle friend once again. Below are pictures of my turtle, just in case you are curious what it looks like. Pay close attention to its snout, then you'll realize that it is indeed a "pig nose turtle". Pardon the blur in the pictures. My turtle just doesn't stop wriggling around when you come near it.

END OF LINE...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, piggy!!
i miss piggy too!

sundowndos said...

piggy piggy... hehehe...