Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The "Art" of Beat Making...

I first met Artstrong at my friend Kenneth Santos' wedding eons ago. He was invited to sing at the reception with some members of Kulay. I seriously doubt he remembers me. I pretty much lost track of the guy for years until I saw him fronting for a band called Third World Project. I also started seeing him on TV a few years back with what seems to be him breaking through to mainstream with an upcoming album. Since then, I've been hearing buzz about him every so often in the gigging scene, as well as cutting tracks for TV commercials and even Manny Pacquiao's theme song. He always had a flare for HipHop/R&B music, and in the video that I wanted to share with you is no exception to what Artstrong is all about.

The video below is of Art showing how it's done in terms of Beat Making. He got into this sect of Urban HipHop culture when he and a few friends formed a group called "Beatmathics". You'll find that this kind of sound is very electronic driven aside from it having roots in HipHop, R&B, and Soul music. And this is what makes it unqiue amongst similar sub-genres of music. I'm not a huge fan of this general area of music. But I can appreciate talent when I see it. So here's the video. Enjoy.



END OF LINE...

No comments: