Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Man

Okay, here's the deal. I'm not here to waste your time. Okay, I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine.

So I'm gonna keep this short. Become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within 3 years.

Okay, I'm gonna repeat that. You will make a million dollars within 3 years of your first day of employment at J.T. Marlon.

There is no question as to whether or not you'll become a millionaire working here. The only question is how many times over.

You think I'm joking? I am not joking.

I am a millionaire...

It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya. It's a weird thing to say.

I am a fucking millionaire...

And guess how old I am? 27... You know what that makes me here? A fucking senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I happen to be very fucking good at my job or I'd be out of one.

You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kestle. You are the future big swingin' dicks of this firm.

Now you all look money hungry, and that's good.

Anybody tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't fucking have any!

They say money can't buy you happiness, look at the fucking smile on my face! Ear to ear baby!

You want details? Fine...

I drive a Ferrari... 355 Cabriole... What's up!?

I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork.

I have every toy you can possibly imagine.

And best of all kids, I am liquid.

So, now you know what's possible. Lemme tell you what's required. You are required to work your fucking ass off at this firm.

We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time they get in the first year.

Vacation time?!

People come to work at this firm, for one reason, to become filthy rich. That's it.

We're not here to make friends. We're not saving the manitees here guys. If you want vacation time, go teach 3rd grade public school.

Okay. First 3 months at the firm, you work as a trainee. You make $150 a week. After you're done training, you take the Series 7. You passed that, you become a junior broker. And you're opening accounts for your team leader. You open 40 accounts, you start working for yourself. Sky's the limit.

Word or two about being a trainee... friends, parents, the other brokers, whoever, they can give you shit about it. It's true.

$150 a week. Not a lot of money.

But pay them no mind. You need to learn this business. And this is the time to do it....

Once you pass the test, none of that is gonna matter...

Your friends are shit! You tell them you made 25 grand last month, they're not gonna fucking believe you. Fuck them! Fuck 'em!

Parents don't like the life you lead? Fuck you, mom and dad!

See how it feels, when you're making their fucking Lexus payments.

Now go home and think about it. Think about whether or not this is really for you. If you decide it isn't, listen, it's nothing to be embarrased about. It's not for everyone. Thanks...

But if you really want this, you call me on Monday. And we'll talk. Just don't waste my fucking time. Okay that's it.

-Ben Affleck, Boiler Room

END OF LINE...

1 comment:

Euri said...

Anybody tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't fucking have any!

I like that line.

ROFL! XDXD