Sunday, November 9, 2008

Creed

Let us travel back in time to the days of post-grunge. A band called Creed was doing fairly well in the music scene. In my teenage naivete, I wrote them off initially because they had similar textures in their music like Pearl Jam. But once you give these guys a chance they can hold their own.

This is one of the songs that you'd like uploaded in your iPod on a road trip/gig to Naga. Expect every passenger in the vehicle to pelt out to the music in true Wayne's World fashion.

The lyrics don't amount to any message or story sharing really. What drew me to the song was the rock-out vocals that you copy singing at the top of your lungs.

There was no music video of that song. But I found the audio track on YouTube. Check it out below along with the song's prose.



Are you Ready?
by Creed

Hey, Mr. Seeker hold on to this advice
If you keep seeking you will find
Don't want to follow
Down roads been walked before
It's so hard to find unopened doors

Are you ready? Are you ready?
For whats to come...Oh I said Are you ready?
Are you Ready?...For whats to come

Hey, Mr. Hero Walking a thin, fine line
Under the microscope of life
Remember your roots, my friend
They're right down below
'Cause heroes come and heroes go

Are you ready? Are you ready?
For whats to come...Oh I said Are you ready?
Are you ready? For whats to come

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one
Count down to the change in life that's soon to come
Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one
Count down to the change in life that's soon to come
Your life has just begun
Life has just begun
Life has just begun
Life has just begun

Are you ready? Are you ready?
For whats to come...Oh I said Are you ready?
Are you ready? For whats to come
Oh I said Are you ready?
Are you ready? For whats to come
Your Life has just begun
Life has just begun
Life has just begun


I could only find a crude live video on YouTube. But it's not so bad. Worth at least one watch.



I seem to be into rock-out/feel-good songs lately. Weird. I don't think anything out of the ordinary happened lately. Well whatever it is, I think I'll ride that wave for a while.

END OF LINE...

3 comments:

Euri said...

=D

CREEEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!

*insert fangirl squeals here*

sundowndos said...

that's so ungoth-like of you... hehehe

Euri said...

Nyahahaha!!! XDXD

Being a goth is my life style. Fangirling is one of my hobbies.
That's next to stalking, ne, bishonen-sama!! =3 =3