Monday, November 2, 2009

Broken

Amy Lee of a band called Evanesence has mesmerized me ever since the band's first album. It's rare to come across a female vocalist that weaves her angelic voice amongst heavy guitar riffs. To be honest, I was kinda irked when I found out that the band's positioning to become famous was that they were a Christian rock band. Don't get me wrong. I believe in God and adhere to Catholicism to a certain extent. I just find it a little more a marketing ploy than anything else. I soon shrugged that off when I watched their live concert DVD. Especially the cool cover they did of a Korn song.

The song I've been crunching on is actually a song by another band called Seether. The band re-released one of their songs featuring Amy Lee as the second vocalist. I like the re-released version better. Amy Lee's voice blended well into the song and added a much needed female component to the song's lyrical content. And of course, the lyrical content fits my current state of mind the past weekend (LOL!). Below is the video of the song along with its prose.



Broken, Featuring Amy Lee

by Seether 

I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away, you don't feel me, here anymore

The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

[x2]
'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away
You don't feel me here anymore


As always, I found a live version of the song. The crowd got very excited to see Amy Lee walk up from the crowd. I'm sure that was an awesome surprise for the crowd. Here is the video below.



I learnt the chords of this song and I'm able to sing it. Fairly simple. But I think you need to downtune your guitar half a step to get it exactly on the right key. I'm just plain lazy to do that. And won't work when your drunk in some inuman jam. LOL! So I think I'll just stick with standard tuning and leave it off key when I play it. Works for my limited noobilicious guitar skills.

Now, I wanted to share another video that has nothing to do with Seether. This is just me crunching off of Amy Lee really. The video below is an acoustic version of a song by Evanesence. I like it better minus all the rapping of the studio version.



(Sigh)...

END OF LINE...

No comments: