Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blue Man Group: It's Time To Start (Rock Concert Movements)

I haven't blogged in a long while.  Between work, gigs, and Diablo 3, I haven't had the time to sit down and really blog about what's been going on with me. Perhaps I should make the effort some time this weekend to do so. So much has happened musically since the last time I blogged.

In the meantime, I'll post a quick one about the Blue Man Group.  I watched the New York Blue Man Group years ago and continue to be a fan of the act ever since. I've always been curious about their song "It's Time To Start".  And was amusingly compiling all the "Rock Concert Movements" in the song. I finally completed it! Just haven't gotten around posting it on my blog until now. Below is a video of one of their live performances of the song. I listed out all the "Rock Concert Movements" after that.



Rock Concert Movement #1
The Basic Head Bob

Rock Concert Movement #2
The One-Armed Fist Pump

Rock Concert Movement #3
The Up and Down Jumping Motion

Rock Concert Movement #4
The Behind the Head Leg Stretch

Rock Concert Movement #6
Two Armed Upward Thrust with Yell

Rock Concert Movement #8
The Black Out

Rock Concert Movement #10
Getting a Closer Look at the Audience

Rock Concert Movement #15
Bringing a Guest Vocalist Onstage

Rock Concert Movement #23
Getting the Audience to Sing Along

Rock Concert Movement #27
Saying Hello to the People in the Cheap Seats

Rock Concert Movement #28
Getting an Audience Member Onstage to Dance

Rock Concert Movement #48
Introducing the Band

Rock Concert Movement #63
Bringing out Venus Hum

Rock Concert Movement #78
The Fake Ending

Rock Concert Movement #91
Enjoying the T-Shirt You Bought at The Complex Rock Tour Rock Concert 

Rock Concert Movement #237
Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others


They actually don't mention ALL the "Rock Concert Movements" in the video I embedded.  They don't mention them all in any given performance of the song.  But I've watched quite a few including their Live Concert DVD release.  So I picked up on what I think is all of them.

As I felt such geeky accomplishment for compiling all of the "Rock Concert Movements".  I actually found somebody else already did so and posted it on the net.  Wasted effort.  /face palm


END OF LINE...

No comments: