Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington

I realize these performances happened some time ago.  But I've only recently stumbled across them on YouTube.  It was a pleasant surprise to find Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) and Chester Bennington (Linkin Park, Dead by Sunrise) perform in each other's concerts.  I suppose they became good friends at some point. Pardon my naiveness for only realizing this recently.  Below are two videos where these two performed at each other's shows.

Admittedly, I'm a fan of Linkin Park, particularly their first album stuff.  Not such a huge fan of Mike Shinoda's rapping.  But it isn't bad either.  Chester's vocals, however, is something else.  And I like the heavy riffs in their songs.



I'm guessing this is Chris Cornell's solo concert tour prior to Soundgarden getting back together.  The song is from an old band of his back in the early grunge era called Temple of the Dog.  Temple of the Dog had members of both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden in it before those two bands even released albums.  Kind of a super band of sorts.




I've been neglecting this blog for quite some time now.  This short blog post will suffice for now.  I will make an effort to give this blog some love in the coming days/weeks.  I'm already in the process of writing a rather lengthy one.


END OF LINE...

No comments: