Friday, December 16, 2011

Awesome Weekend Part 4: Jason Mraz Live in Manila


Continuing to slowly chip away at the ever increasing heap of events to blog about, I finally get to the ender of the weekend. This post is about Jason Mraz and Toca Rivera doing an acoustic show at the Araneta Coliseum last October 30, 2011.

Briggs, Carol, and I bought tickets for this show about a month prior. And even buying tickets that early didn't provide as with front row seats. But regardless, we wanted to see Jason Mraz play so we settled for lower box seats. Compared to when Korn played in the same venue, the Mraz/Toca show was packed to the brim.

Jason Mraz's musical skill goes without question. But I was particularly interested in seeing Toca play given he was a percussionist. Toca's percs playing was simple and straightforward. His skill came in with his vocal blending with Jason's vocals. This in itself was the other half of the duo formula that just works perfectly.

Below are two videos I took from that night.

"The Remedy"


"I'm Yours"


I know I made a mistake in the title screen of the "I'm Yours" video. I'm just too lazy to correct it and re-upload.

Apparently Jason is seen as extremely attractive to females. You could tell from the primarily female crowd singing along with him. This obviously signified hundreds of pairs of panties dropping for the duration of the concert. I wish I could have that effect on hundreds of females too. But alas, I'm no Jason Mraz. LOL!

It was such a pleasant way to end the weekend coming off a string of nights worth of gigs. And to think it was a holiday the following day. So Monday gave me the opportunity to sit down, relax, and ponder on how fun much the weekend was with a big smile on my face.


END OF LINE...

No comments: