Thursday, September 15, 2011

Urbandub at the Kerplunk Anniversary Party

This is actually part 2 of the night when I watched Caren Tevanny's acoustic gig at No. 38 last August 2, 2011. This is actually the reason why I couldn't catch Caren's 3rd set. /hides from Caren

My friend, Kenny, had to go meet up with his wife and head home. But Joseph and I wanted to gamble and see if Urbandub hadn't played yet at the Kerplunk anniversary party at Casa Nami. It was drizzling/raining when we got out of No. 38. So it took a while for us to get a cab. When we got to Casa Nami, Urbandub was setting up for their set. Joseph and I looked at each other and gave each other high fives and raised our fists in the air in triumph. Yes!

Below are videos of their entire set that night. I couldn't get the whole band in one shot because I was close to being right in front of the stage. I couldn't back up either because if I did, I wouldn't have gotten a clear shot of them. Janjan, their regular drummer, wasn't able to make it for the gig. So they employed the mad skills of Subscapular's drummer to fill in for the night.

"Soul Searching"


"First of Summer"


"Evidence"


"Endless a Silent Whisper"


"Guillotine"


Being the fanboys that we are, we approached Gab and Lalay to get a picture with them. Joseph borrowed his sister camera so the pictures taken that night were much clearer than anything my Blackberry can muster. My priority was getting a picture with Lalay. The picture with Gab was just gravy. LOL!



That double header night was definitely a whole lot of fun. Good times!


END OF LINE...

No comments: