Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How Soon Is Now

I've been listening this song on repeat all day at work for some odd reason. Today was largely undefined for me as how I felt about it. Admittedly, I first got into this song because it's the opening theme song of an old TV series called Charmed. Yes, I know what you're thinking. And yes, I watched Charmed for the same reasons I watched another old TV Show, Baywatch. I'm a guy after all. After a while, I started liking the song itself.

I eventually found the full song of the cover theme song done by a band called Love Spit Love. And that's what I was listening to all day on my iPod. I found a video of the song weaved in with Charmed clips on YouTube. Here is the video.



I also found out that the original version of this song was written by The Smiths (a band that my bassist Islaw absolutely loves). This song and Islaw's influence got me into The Smiths in the first place. I found a live video of this version on YouTube as well.



As I was writing this post, I found a girl duo/group that covered this song by The Smiths. They're called "t.A.T.u.". The video of one of their TV live performances is below. I just had to slip this in last minute.



I like this version too. LOL! But what's funny is that I like all three versions of this song for varied reasons.


END OF LINE...

No comments: