Saturday, February 27, 2010

Orianthi

Orianthi is one of those rising pop stars lately that I did notice because she possesses guitar skills that most girls do not have. This is by no means an insult to females. In fact, even the vocalist/guitarist of my band is female. Briggs can play guitar better than a lot of male guitarists.

Orianthi's music is obviously very pop current in nature. However, what opened my eyes (well in this case ears) about this particular artist is when I saw a music video of her alongside guitar legend Steve Vai.

Check out the video below of that particular song. It is a huge departure from Orianthi's regular sound. It goes to show that at times all the marketing muscle can hide a musician's true skill.



When I watched this video, Orianthi just got a gazillion plus pogi points to the point of underwear dropping phenoma. In other words, nalaglag brip ko. LOL!


END OF LINE...

No comments: