Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Percussion Toy...

I've been going to the dentist often these days because I was stupid enough to ignore the health of my teeth for eons. After the first painful visit, I decided to reward myself for dragging myself all the way to the dentist to get a consultation. So I passed by the JB Music store in Park Square and took a look around. There were 2 things I wanted to purchase. But I only had enough money for one of them. So I just picked one and I'll just come back for the other one some other time.

My new percs toys are called "Claves". It's essentially two cylindrical shaped pieces of wood that when you strike it together gives off a sound. Claves are used in latin music to actually keep time aside from adding a dash of flavor to the overall sound. You'll find these things are played with a 2-3 beat or a 3-2 beat. My brain runs on a 4/4 beat measure (obviously grew up with Grunge music). So keeping time to a 2-3 or 3-2 beat is something out of norm for me.

Click on the link below if you want more information of the exact brand and model Claves that I bought. It's even got a sound sample of it in that webpage. So you can hear what Claves sound like when played.

http://www.lpmusic.com/Product_Showcase/Claves/lp_traditional_clave.html

Below are pictures of the Claves I bought.


END OF LINE...

No comments: