Friday, May 23, 2008

My New Toy...

After toiling about getting a Hang Drum, which is just way too expensive or too daunting of a task to acquire, I decided to just purchase the Roland Handsonic 10. It's the little brother of the Roland Handsonic 15. But the Handsonic 10 is newer and has some features that I like that aren't in the Handsonic 15. Not to mention that it looks a whole lot simpler to handle and a lot prettier.

For those of you who don't know what a Handsonic is, it is similar to an electronic drum pad that you see the likes of Roland, Yamaha, etc. have been producing. However, the biggest difference is that the Handsonic is made for hand percussionists while the rest can only be played with sticks.

Below is a demo video of what the Handsonic 10 can do. The guy demo-ing the thing is way too good. So I don't have an excuse, I have to get better at playing to sound that great on the Handsonic 10.



When I visited my family in New Jersey, my sister took me to the nearest Sam Ash, and lo and behold, it was there (queue in angelic voices singing in choir unison). And now, it's mine!!!! I splurged my money on the thing. I even bought the stand for it. And I'm thinking of getting my family to buy the optional foot pedal and foot switch that I can connect to it. So perhaps one of these days, I'll be able to play it on gigs. It sure beats lugging around two conga drums and a heavy gig bag. I love it!



END OF LINE...

No comments: