Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nightmare on Claymore and Death Note...

Over the last few years, I've grown a taste for Japanese Anime. Some of my recent favorites are Claymore and Death Note. I won't go into too much detail about these anime right now. Perhaps I'll expound on them in another post. The focus of this post is the opening theme songs of both anime series. I never really made a connection that both opening theme songs were by the same artist until recently.

The artist is called Nightmare. I'm not Japanese, much less understand the Japanese language, short of what sticks to my brain as I watch anime and what little I remember from taking up Japanese back in college. But I can definitely appreciate the musicality of their music depsite not understanding a thing about the lyrics. The band is very Japanese Visual Kei. Visual Kei is some sort of trend with bands in Japan where they don outfits that actually rival that of old school glam bands in flamboyance. Once you get past all the cosmetic flare, you'll actually begin to appreciate the skill in their music.

Below is the music video of "Raison d'Etre", which is the opening theme song to the anime "Claymore".



And lastly, below is the music video of "The World", which is the theme song of the first season of Death Note.



To be honest, I liked these anime first before their opening theme songs. But the songs in themselves are definitely worth a blog post.

END OF LINE...

No comments: