Sunday, April 20, 2008

Broken Ironic Prose...

Selected Merriam-Webster Dictionary Definitions:

Prose - A literary medium distinguished from poetry especially by its greater irregularity and variety of rhythm and its closer correspondence to the patterns of everyday speech.
Ironic - Relating to, containing, or constituting the incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result.
Broken - Made weak or infirm, subdued completely, not connected, cut off.


Broken Ironic Prose
by Aldous Castro

I have come so far,
Picking up the pieces.
I have fashioned it whole.
Yet, I seem to still be broken.

I loathe my loneliness.
But I cling to it.
I yearn for company, I yearn for attention.
When it's given to me,
I turn my back to it.
Kindness knocks on my door
From family and friends,
Yet I push it away.
I yearn for love.
But I repel all the precusors to it.

I would rather sit in my solitary corner,
Crawl in my turtle shell,
And lick my eternal wounds.
Wounds that never heal.
Picking on the scabs.
And wonder why it's bleeding once again

Why am I like this?
Why all this irony?
My senses from the past prevent me
From spiralling out of control.
Instead, I hover in some inescapable limbo.

I have come so far,
Picking up the pieces.
I have fashioned it whole.
But where do I go from here?

It's so dark inside my mind.
I can see where I am.
But I'm blind to the direction I'm heading.


END OF LINE...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one a lot, Aldous, even though it is quite melancholy.

Anonymous said...

Pedantic, shallow, and absolutely emo.

What the heck is that anyway defining the words in the title? That is so high school.

Seriously.

Get a life. You have a problem with loneliness go out there and deal with it.

You sound scared and hilariously silly.

The problem is you, not doing anything about it. And wallowing in self-pity.

Keep them blades from them emo kids.

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

@vince

Is this the kind of advice you dispense on your so-called advice blog? Yes? Then I guess your readers are doomed. :-)