Saturday, March 8, 2008

Citizen Cope...

Briggs introduced me to this artist who goes by the stage name "Citizen Cope" a few months ago. She lent me one of his albums, "The Clarence Greenwood Recordings". She told me to listen to one songs there called "Sideways" because she feels it's so relevant to me at the time. I listened to the song and I loved it.

I found a music video that someone made of "Sideways" by splicing some footage of Citizen Cope both live music store footage and from his other music videos. The YouTube video is below along with the lyrics of the song.



Sideways
by Citizen Cope

You know it ain't easy
For these thoughts here to leave me
There's no words to describe it
In French or in English

Well, diamonds they fade
And flowers they bloom
And I'm telling you

These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
They've been knockin' me out lately
Whenever you come around me

These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
I keep thinking in a moment that
Time will take them away
But these feelings won't go away


Citizen Cope was previously a DJ for a hiphop group called Basehead and since gone solo. So you'll see hints of his hiphop influence in a number of his songs. Below is a video of another one of his songs called "Son's Gonna Rise" from the same album. You'll notice his hiphop influences in this particular song. I couldn't find the music video for the song. So this bootleg video of a live performance of the song will have to do.



END OF LINE...

No comments: